« Home | A new member of Technorati » | Technorati » | Celebrating 50 Years of Nationhood » | Happy Mother's Day » | Knock Knock I am Back » | Andy Rooney - 60 Minutes Correspondent » | First Anniversary » | Here Comes The Rain » | Happy New Year 2007 » | Merry Christmas 2006 » 

Sunday, November 25, 2007 

Make Christmas Simple

With Thanksgiving Day just hardly over for some others who celebrated the day in other parts of the world due to world time difference, Christmas festive mood is already in the air. Christmas carols and songs are aired from radio stations and tuned on at most shopping complexes and malls in the city I live.

This year round, Christmas festival will be celebrated at a minimal. It's going to be sort of hilly-billy season for my family. There's a reason this time of the year to also call it Patchy Season because I am trying to cram everything I need to do into a few weeks is just plain Patchy! There's a little to do here and a little to do there! Gosh! Want to know why? It's all because I haven't got anymore annual leave balance left in this year to take, thus there isn't any off days except for the weekends to keep up with Christmas preparations.

It is sure going to be exhausting, especially where there are presents to buy, young grand kids to entertain and a new year to organise. The utmost thing to plan for is that Nicole will start preparatory class next year and I will be helping my son with financing my grandkids schooling.
I started with Christmas shopping just about two weeks ago, at Boulevard Shopping Mall and bought some ornaments and colored ribbons for decorating our Christmas tree.
Last weekend I bought some Christmas cards at Belle's Bookstore and today presents for my grand children at Toys' World Gift Shop. Nigel always asked me to get him a fishing set and that was what I bought for him. His sister, Nicole enjoys scribbling and drawing so I bought her a drawing board! As for little Trevor, I will get him a baby boots knitted with Santa's face on it. His mom suggested we buy his gift later because she wants him to have it nearer to the yuletide day.
There's going to be a "surprise" gift for them three, but, again set at a limit. I am going to decide and allocate the ringgit! Furthermore, I want to make sure Christmas means more than just gifts. For many, it's a religious occasion and, for most of us, it's a time to get together with family and friends.
Though this year will be the third year we celebrate Christmas without daddy, I am ever thankful to still have our mommy around. Though physically she is growing weaker, she is nevertheless the very strength for each and every one of us during this time of the year. She always reminded us to hold tight to our belief and not to feel sad about our loss but rather, be thankful that daddy is at rest and so too those whom we loved and treasured fond memories of. With her words always ringing in my ears, I want to live life one day at a time.
I thank God for He decided for whatever we desire, for my loving family, for our home and for our good health that allows us to carry on with our every day living. Indeed this year is as good, if not better than it was before. Praise the Lord for He is Good!

~ The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. He will fulfill the desire of them that fear him.~ Psalm 145:18, 19

Labels: ,

Merry Xmas ngagai kitak sebilik..Arap ke Tuhan meruan merkat ke kitai semua dalam semua pengawa..serta selamat nyambut taun baru 2008

Merry Christmas ngagai kita sebilik mega. Ni nuan dah datai de Kuching? Arap ke rindu2 leboh cuti maia ngintu Hari Kristmas enggau bala nuan dia lalu arap ke taun baru 2008 mau mayoh agi brita ke manah manah! Happy Holiday dear friend, be safe and God blessed always.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm PurpleChocolate
  • From Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
  • A Mirian, mother, grandmother and career woman. Enjoy an ideal and simple lifestyle complete with tastefully good home and beautiful family. To R&R, I like socializing and clubbing with down-to-earth friends. Good company is an aroma in everyday life!
My profile