« Home | Happy New Year 2009 » | Merry Christmas 2008 » | Do You Want a Relationship with God? » | Go Ahead and Waste Your Time » | Baju Kebaya » | Happy Father's Day » | Nuts » | Happy Mother's Day » | Age Gracefully - Stay forever young » | Happy Easter 2008 » 

Friday, January 09, 2009 

A Farewell

Fare Thee Well Dear Friend

Tonight I will bade my long-time colleague-cum-friend a “farewell”. I know it will be a sad and sentimental moment of my life to see her go after more than 30 years working and playing together.

I started my career in 1978 joining the department she was in and since then we have been together, basically. In 1990 I was seconded to another oil and gas company called Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd, Lutong and was there for about 4 years. Then in 1996 during the recession year, both of us were assigned to a different department for about 5 years (I think.. sorry Yian Ching my memory bank koyak already!!) and thereafter back to the same department again!
(One of our photos taken together: Seated in front is me) L-R: Sung Wah, Yian Ching, Iris Lai and Christian Chung Fhui Khen)

We’ve seen our children grown and with me having grandchildren. We’ve been through the trials and tribulation together in our career life, however we worked on remembering the good and quality times instead of the opposite. And yes! How time flies and the next thing we know, its time to say “goodbye’.

I guess it is going to be a relief for her to at last let go of her career tasks and enjoy the freedom of doing something different as she retires. I hope she enjoy her new life!

To you my dear friend, I wish you God’s endless blessings, all the best in your every undertakings and I hope you have a perfect day always.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm PurpleChocolate
  • From Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
  • A Mirian, mother, grandmother and career woman. Enjoy an ideal and simple lifestyle complete with tastefully good home and beautiful family. To R&R, I like socializing and clubbing with down-to-earth friends. Good company is an aroma in everyday life!
My profile