« Home | Happy Easter 2009 » | Glitz At 50 » | Happy Chinese Lunar Year of the Ox » | A Farewell » | Happy New Year 2009 » | Merry Christmas 2008 » | Do You Want a Relationship with God? » | Go Ahead and Waste Your Time » | Baju Kebaya » | Happy Father's Day » 

Sunday, April 19, 2009 

LAT

Who is the cartoonist you like best? I’ve always enjoyed The Peanuts comics written by cartoonist Charlie Brown from my early teenage years until today. The contents are very much “facts of life” and the different behavioral of each characters always bring smiles and laughter to me.I’m also a fan our very own Malaysia’s famous cartoonist, LAT. Have you heard of him or came across his comic books? Well, his real name is Datuk Mohammed Nor Khalid, better known as LAT. Now, LAT also talks about “facts of life” and his Kampung Boy comics spice up my life. :)When the sales of his first comic hit the market, I was one of those “crazy” groups of young adults who would spend “extravagantly” just so I possessed a copy for keepsakes! I prefer those strips written in English to that in Bahasa Malaysia. However, my children enjoy the Bahasa Malaysia versions, thus we have 2 of each kinds. Nowadays there is no need to go for hardcover copies since you can easily read his articles from the Internet.If you are interested to know more about our “Kampung Boy”, here is the link. Happy surfing and hopefully the content and moral of the story enhance your already beautiful life.Thank you LAT for you!

Labels: ,

I have not been into your page for a long time and it is good to hear that you are enjoying LAT, such a wonderful cartoonist. Hope you are doing well my friend.

Hello Sweetie Pie.. thanks for dropping by... Happy to see you here... yes, I too haven't been posting regularly only just and when I find the time to do so. I wish you well always and Happy Mother's Day.

Dear Purple chocolate
I'm at a dilema. I'm a Lat fan too. How do I get Lat's cartoon in NST may years ago....the one which had the pubic queuing up at the pharmacy, wanting to buy the medication/supplements of those that Dr Mahathir was taking?
Thanks so much.
Jeane

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm PurpleChocolate
  • From Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
  • A Mirian, mother, grandmother and career woman. Enjoy an ideal and simple lifestyle complete with tastefully good home and beautiful family. To R&R, I like socializing and clubbing with down-to-earth friends. Good company is an aroma in everyday life!
My profile