« Home | Daily Bread » | Fiftieth Milestone Happy Birthday Poem » | Happy Mother's Day » | LAT » | Happy Easter 2009 » | Glitz At 50 » | Happy Chinese Lunar Year of the Ox » | A Farewell » | Happy New Year 2009 » | Merry Christmas 2008 » 

Thursday, August 13, 2009 

Who Belongs In Your Life?

“Where you go I will go.” Ruth 1:16 NIV

Ruth told Naomi, “Where you go I will go”.

You can spend your life anywhere with anybody doing anything, then suddenly meet someone and sense that there is a connection between you. In my case, it’s the opposite.

Sometimes in life it is a tough decision to let go of someone or something that is so precious and has been with you all the days of your life.

However, I got to say goodbye and watch a piece of me leaving. Now his leaving didn’t make him a bad person; it just meant his part in the story was over. No matter how much I plead, this person has to go. I’ve got to learn to recognise when somebody’s part in my story is over, otherwise I’ll just keep trying to raise the dead.

Acknowledge when something is over. If God means you to have it, He’ll give it to you. If you’ve tried to make it work and it hasn’t, accept His will in the matter.

Yes, I got to get up, go for a walk, buy myself a new outfit, treat myself to a good meal; start living again! I can never beg for anyone to stay with me against his or her will. Their leaving is no accident; it just means God has something better in store for me (and possibly them too), so I trust Him and I’m moving on.

“You gain through your pain.” Another chapter of my life has just begun.

Labels: ,

Sweetie Pie, you are right, there is no point reviving the dead. If someone walks away from you, it is never your fault, it is that person who has made the decision to leave and do not go around looking for the reasons why and asking for justifications. It simply means that person is never meant to be and God has a far better person in his bigger plan for you. Keep your faith, and be positive.

Sweetie Pie, thank you for the advice. Indeed life has to go on and I'm doing just that right now.
Happy to see you here... hope all is well with you. Wishing you a Happy Ramadhan which will be here soon. God bless...

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm PurpleChocolate
  • From Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
  • A Mirian, mother, grandmother and career woman. Enjoy an ideal and simple lifestyle complete with tastefully good home and beautiful family. To R&R, I like socializing and clubbing with down-to-earth friends. Good company is an aroma in everyday life!
My profile