« Home | Do Everything Without Complaining » | Prayer to The Shoulder Wound of Christ » | Listening Laughing Loving » | Happy New Year 2010 » | TGIF » | Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri 2009 » | Who Belongs In Your Life? » | Daily Bread » | Fiftieth Milestone Happy Birthday Poem » | Happy Mother's Day » 

Friday, December 03, 2010 

Merry Christmas 2010

Sorry that I have been so long in posting but life seems to be getting in the way. I've been busy at home front looking after my grand children (as always) when they come over to stay at my house. There's also the youngest of them all that I basically take full time caring for when his dad is on a duty roster of 4 weeks offshore and 2 weeks onshore.
Quilting has also kept me busy for the whole year through! My group had made 3 appliqué wall hangings, that is, Bookshelf, Fruit Basket, Sun Bonnet Sue and 1 sampler blocks wall hanging. We were all very pleased with our success and looking forward to continue our sewing meet some time before year end or probably in the New Year 2011.
And it was only just for the last 3 weeks or so that we have not met or worked on our projects because everyone is busy with their own self. There’s the SPM and STPM examination that some of our children have to sit for and the school holiday has just started so this is the right time of the year to take a short holiday break with the family.
The only thing that didn't go well with my quilting was that my new sewing machine gave up on me. It broke down before I actually get to fully utilised it. So, I am going to send it back to the vendor in NZ and get a new replacement since the warranty is still valid.

At this moment of time, it boggles even my mind how I have to juggle the time between my career and my home routine, basically. As I get older it actually gets harder and harder to keep in pace with managing the house works, the family and my own private life!

Now with the festive season just round the corner, what have I done so far? The house is still in a mess; kids’ toys laying everywhere, books and pencils, empty milk bottles and drink cartons left on top of tables and chairs and these are the mess at “floor level”. Looking up at “ceiling level” there’s teeny-weeny little spiders happily expanding their over-hanging houses! I got to move them out of my house, that’s for sure!

Well, what the heck! As I looked longer at the mess my grandkids made, I said “Ah! Never mind that. After all the kids are happy and no one complained." And that’s the best part of it. LOL!
That said, I think I’m surely going to be pretty busy sorting out and cleaning up the mess later on and I have no idea how I’m going to get started. I’ll leave that wishful thinking to later. It’s still 3 weeks to Christmas Day so hopefully as the days near I might be lucky to have my sisters helping me with my Christmas preparations LOL! After all, theirs is already all preened and shined since November 2010!!

Well, before the closing of the year I just want to thank you all for reading my blog over the past years although you may be disappointed by finding that my blogs have not progress much. It still means so much to me, especially I know that you supported me virtually and I feel blessed.
Life is good and I wish it will stay that way always.

Here’s wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas 2010 blessed with good health, happiness and everything nice.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm PurpleChocolate
  • From Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
  • A Mirian, mother, grandmother and career woman. Enjoy an ideal and simple lifestyle complete with tastefully good home and beautiful family. To R&R, I like socializing and clubbing with down-to-earth friends. Good company is an aroma in everyday life!
My profile